UMI Performance 1978-1988 GM G-Body Rear Coilover Bracket Kit, Bolt-In, Brackets Only
UMI’s bolt-in rear coilover bracket kit is a complete mounting solution for your factory axle 1978-1988 GM G-Body. This race-proven lower bracket bolts in using the standard trailing arm mounting hole as well as an additional reinforcement hole normally used by the standard rear shock. This bracket features a multi-position design to allow further fine tuning of ride height and shock location (±¾”). The kit also features upper reinforcement tabs to distribute the load from the T-bar as well as complete upper and lower hardware. There is no cutting required and your car can be returned to stock at any time. 100% designed, manufactured and raced out of Philipsburg, PA-USA and always US materials.
Installation & Fitment Note: Coilover brackets are designed to fit factory rear end housings ONLY and may not fit aftermarket rear ends. Coilover kit P/N 3049 offers more clearance and options for aftermarket rear ends than P/N 3048. UMI recommends installing the 3049 bracket kit, setting the ride height as desired, then purchasing the correct length shocks. Contact us for recommendations. Rear shocks may not clear all exhaust tail pipes. UMI is not responsible for exhaust clearance issues.
- ½” x 1-¼” mount fits most standard racing shocks.
- Upper T-bar reinforcement tab and hardware included.
- 100% Bolt in design features shock height adjustability.
- Brackets manufactured entirely from 3/16” Made In USA mild steel.
- Laser cut for consistency and a precise fit.
- Powder coated black for a long lasting finish.
- Optional shock tower reinforcement brace available. (P/N 3055)
- Designed, tested, manufactured and raced in Philipsburg, PA-USA
Optional Shock Tower Brace P/N 3055- P/N 3055 is designed to tie the left and right rear shock towers together for additional chassis reinforcement. UMI’s P/N 3055 has been designed to clear most popular exhaust systems however fitment with all exhaust systems is not guaranteed.